Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Review: And the trees crept in


No matter what, don’t go into the forest or the Creeper man will find you. 

An abusive situation leads Silla to seek refuge at her aunt’s hidden manor in the forest with her kid sister Nori. Life is quiet at first, and might have remained so if Nori had followed the rules and stayed away from the forest. Now the manor is cursed. And everything in it is starting to rot. 

Although I got hooked by the premise and fast-paced beginning, I admit the story soon dragged on. I felt like an idle man running on the treadmill with a warm donut hanging in front. A glaze chocolate donut! It seemed that the more I read, the less the story made sense. Silla was going crazy and the romantic interest kept switching from prince charming to antagonist. 

Regardless of the drag, the end is worth it, so hang in there and watch it all make sense. 


1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh my goodness, this sounds so creepy. I don't know if I'll be able to read this one -- if I do, it definitely won't be at night. I also don't think I'd be able to stand Silla's switching interest between the prince and the antagonist. This will probably be one I skip over.

    Thanks for the honest review!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete