Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Review: All the Bright Places


Based on a true story

Violet lost her sister in a car crash, and without giving it much thought, went up a tower to kill herself. But Finch saw her. He saved her. Back at school, he got close to her and helped her get through her fears of entering a car and accepting a loss. The problem is Finch wasn't on that tower to admire the view. He was about to jump too. 

All the Bright Places is told in a dual point-of-view (sometimes repeating Violet's twice, which was a little confusing), and with a count down difficult to understand. Aside from that, we get a bittersweet story about abuse, suicide, bullying and the woes of living with bipolar disorder. Both characters seemed like a perfect match from the start, but sadly, their depression required outside help. 

Offers inspirational insight on valuing the little things in life that makes us feel lovely.

8 comments:

  1. I loved this book too. It was really bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :( I couldn't read anything till the next day.

      Delete
  2. I have it at home, I just need extra hours in the day to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find some relax/reading time soon :)

      Delete
  3. Great review. I’m going to be reading this one soon. It’s sitting on my TBR shelf right now.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard a lot of great reviews on this book and I have yet to read it. Maybe I'll get to it soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bipolar disorder part was tense. Reminded me of someone I know :(

      Delete