Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Paint it bold



 




TOP BOOKS I'D FRAME AS ART

Okay, so I'm a Botero fan. Have replicas all over my place and would love to find similar book covers to match the decor. But alas, there seems to be nothing of the sort out there. 



So my second choice would be:


1-And Then There Were None
Scary and tense. Maybe not in the office but I'll think of something.



2-Marcelo in the Real World
Remove the electric posts and it would be gorgeous.



3-Left Neglected
Perfect for my kitchen.



4-Finale
My idea of sensual art.



5-These Broken Stars
What is it with me and hand-holding pictures?!?



6-The Ring & the Crown
Total must if you live in San Francisco (be sure to wear flowers in your hair)


7-The Beatles in Stripvorm
Love this graphic novel cover. 


Who's your favorite painter?




13 comments:

  1. Clive Barker is one of my favorite authors but not only is he a writer but a painter as well. He artwork is all over his books, my favorite is his Abarat books. Dark and weird is how I would describe it. Just like his writing, lol!
    Come by and check out my Top Ten Covers @ Book Hangovers
    xoxo Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I just saw them in your post. They are well detailed :)

      Delete
  2. Nice! Lots of These Broken Stars going around today! I was debating between Hush, Hush and Silence myself! Finale came at a close third! Too many awesome covers I want to frame for my dream reading room in my dream house! ;)


    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that series got great covers. Hope she got to keep them for the international prints.

      Delete
  3. Good list, I love These Broken Stars cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about seeing them float in the air that makes me feel free (lol, too deep)

      Delete
  4. I love the Left Neglected cover! I forgot about that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I had no idea it was medical condition until I read the book. I often neglect my fruits as well (keep them in the fridge now)

      Delete
  5. Great covers! Left Neglected has a great cover, that's not the one I have and I haven't seen it before but it's gorgeous. These Broken Stars made my list too, such a beautiful cover! Nice picks :) Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of curious to see your Left Neglected cover now ('I'll check it out on Goodreads, lol)

      Delete
  6. I love the covers for Finale and These Broken Stars. Apparently, I have a thing for hand holding couples too! Thanks for sharing all these fabulous pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving some of your choices! The Ring and the Crown is gorgeous! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete