Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Beach Savers



 




TOP BOOKS FOR THE BEACH


Summer is around the corner. Just a few more weeks of school, and I will be sipping sangria by the pool with as many books as I can handle. Here is my list for best summer reads: 




E. Lockhart
Summer is the best time to feel mysterious. Pick this one up on a hot night when you want to live a little, and unravel this crazy vacation plot. 



James Dashner
The film will be out in September 2014. There's still time to read it before the premiere. Not sure the book is up your alley, watch the movie trailer.



Kat Falls
Summer is the perfect time to start a new series. The best part about Inhuman is that you won't have to wait long for the sequel. It comes out in the fall!!



4-Twenty Boy Summer
Sarah Ockler
Inspiring, heartbreaking story that takes places during a summer getaway.




5-Keeping the Moon
Sarah Dessen
Summer job story about friendship and self-esteem problems.



6-Ten
Gretchen McNeil
Getaway weekend on an island that turns deadly!! Need I say more.



Sara Zarr and Tara Altebrando
Is this the last summer before you start college? Then this could be the book for you. 



8-Queen of Babble
Meg Cabot
Escape to France for the summer through this funny YA chick-lit read.



9-Perfect Chemistry
Simone Elkeles
This series has some of the sexiest covers out there. This one in particular has an embarrassing beach scene that makes it impossible to put the book down. 



10-Chopsticks
Jessica Anthony and Rodrigo Corral
Want to experiment this summer? Chopsticks is told through a recollection of IM's, photographs, drawings... a trip down a character's memory lane.





Which book made your list?



10 comments:

  1. QUEEN OF BABBLE is one of my favorite series. I probably need to reread them soon but I do wish I could read them again for the first time :) Perfect for summertime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I felt so bad for her at times, but love to see how she made it through.

      Delete
  2. Oh nice! LOVED Ten!! Totally blew me away!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm glad it was told with one p.o.v :)

      Delete
  3. Great picks! I absolutely love the Maze Runner and I can't wait for the movie. I've been hearing such great things about We Were Liars. Chopsticks looks like such a good read!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author actually asks readers not to reveal the plot, lol. Very Hitchcockian of her.

      Delete
  4. Nice mix of light reads and pageturning stuff like TEN on this list - looks like you'll be having a great summer holiday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm Summer... I'm looking forward to it more than Olaf ;)

      Delete
  5. OOh! Checking out Simone Elkeles
    New follower!
    www.she-read.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Perfect Chemistry and Keeping the Moon...great summer reads! I love Meg Cabot, but haven't gotten to the Queen of Babble series yet.

    ReplyDelete