Friday, January 2, 2015

Feature and Follow Friday: Mad About You


Parajunkee Alison Can Read


FEATURE & FOLLOW FRIDAY



Once you answer be sure to leave me your link so I can follow you back

Q: What was your favorite book of 2014 -- or books if you can't name just one?

Last year went by so fast. As always there were several new releases but the ones who stuck the most with me have to be:


 Ashes to Ashes 

The conclusion to the Burn for Burn series took me by surprise. I kept reminding myself that this was a collaboration, and so, for the authors to dig so far into the taboo subject of suicide that way and agree, translates as a good artistic connection.
Better off Friends

Nothing compares to the romance of first love. Short, sweet and heartbreaking as well.
 Hollow City

Miss Peregrine's home for Peculiar Children was so bizarre, I didn't expect the sequel to be able to keep up. Not only did it keep up, but managed to surprise me.
The Walled City

YA or NA? Not sure if the topic of sex slaves fits in the YA genre as introduced into the market, but nevertheless, the book had interesting characters with an all action plot.
We Were Liars

I fully understand why it won best YA fiction on Goodreads this year. At first sight, the fragmented sentences and short chapters got on my nerves. I thought the author had trouble with her printer or something. But after the revealing ending -- it all made sense.








Which book topped your 2014 list?

10 comments:

  1. Interested in some of those. Going to check them out in more detail. Great post thanks for sharing :) I'm new on your blog but I really like it, I'm going to visit more often :)
    ♥ blog ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kinga. Following you back on bloglovin :)

      Delete
  2. This is a really good list, will check them out now.
    New Follower.
    Kirsty xx
    http://kirstylovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/01/02/feature-and-follow-friday-happy-new-year/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read a couple of these! It was hard for me to narrow down and choose for this FFF.

    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I couldn't just pick one. Following you back.

      Delete
  4. OOh nice! I have a different book called Ashes to Ashes I still need to read! Great picks! Mostly new to me ones!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    Old follower
    Jessi, The Book Cove

    ReplyDelete