Monday, March 25, 2013

Review: Anya's Ghost


Poor Anya. Her life is going nowhere. Sean, her crush, is already taken by a pretty blonde, her mother keeps pressuring her to follow Russian traditions and her best friend, Siobhan, is not giving her the support she believes she deserves. 

And then to top this off, she falls down a well and meets Emily, a ghost of a murdered teen. Can things get any worse? Oh, yes!

This book was impossible to put down. For one thing, it was beautifully drawn, feeling more like a movie than a book. Anya was no Mary-Sue. She was tenacious, and stood up for herself. All she wanted was to fit in, something we are all familiar with. She reminded me a lot of Neil Gaiman's Coraline

I recommend this to anyone who is searching for a dark yet witty story.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this story when I read it last year. Saying it was like a movie is a great way to describe the art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review! It's the first time I hear about this book and it seems pretty interesting so I added it to my to-read list!! :-)

    ReplyDelete