Monday, March 18, 2013

Review: Slammed



It's love at first date for Layken and Will. But unfortunately, it turns out Will is an impossible love for her and they must stand having to see each other every day while keeping their feelings apart. 

I read this book practically in one sitting. And although I enjoyed watching the relationship between Layken and her mom, I didn't really see the connection between her and Will. For the most part, Layken was immature, succumbing to flirting with other boys so that Will could see she'd moved on. The worst was that she only had to wait ten months to be with him problem free. Sadly, the ending felt like karma.

On the plus side, the poetry was a delight. The writing, incredibly good for a debut author. No repetitions, Balzac like explanations, unnecessary flashbacks... None of that. I will gladly read another Colleen Hoover book.




Don't miss the sequel

4 comments:

  1. Good review. It's been a while since I read this book, but I remember absolutely loving it. I should re-read it sometime. I've also read Colleen's newest book, Hopeless, but sadly I didn't like that one at all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about Hopeless. I'll check it out when I'm int he mood for romance ;)

      Delete
  2. Slammed made me laugh and cry. All Colleen Hoover's books are great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have its sad moments, a lot of them actually :( Halloween made me tear.

      Delete