Monday, March 10, 2014

Review: Hollow City


Who's to say a sequel can't be better than the first?

Jacob and the peculiar children find themselves stranded on an island. This time with a quest on their hands: to find a way to bring Miss Peregrine back to her physical form. If Miss Peregrine doesn't change soon, she will remain a bird forever and Jacob will never be able to see his parents again.

Ransom Riggs placed a lot more action into the plot this time, introducing Gypsies and a war; making certain to keep us on our toes. Somewhere along the lines, I didn't really feel the lust between Jacob and Emma. Did their feelings start to fall apart, I wondered? Then I realized their relationship went deeper than that. Even Emma doesn't know what to make of it anymore.

In fact, the chaos of the situation brought a lot of changes to the peculiars. Forcing them to use their powers. To understand just how special they all are.

Looking forward to book number three.


5 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle of this at the min. It's just not grabbing my attention unfortunately :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need I need to start these. I need a good read.
    xx, michelle
    http://michelleolthuis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be sure to look for the first one then, Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children

      Delete
  3. I loved the second one in the series so much better then the first. I can't wait to read the third.

    ReplyDelete