Curling up With a Good Book nominated me for The Liebster Blog Award. It is presented by bloggers to bloggers and is a great way to recognize our efforts and get to know each other better. Thank you so much for this opportunity :)
You may also reach the site through the links below
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follow:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your
blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;
3-Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4- Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
Questions from Curling Up With A Good Book
1. How old were you when you got into reading?
I was four. Taught by own great-grand-mother (RIP). She also taught me that licking or bending page corners is a big no-no!!!
2. If you were to write a book, under which genre and age group would you classify it?
Actually, I'm currently on my 3rd revision of a manuscript. It is YA Contemporary.
3. Rock, paper, scissors?
Arrow (Look at my hands). Katniss and I go way back ;p
4. If you were a character in a YA dystopia novel, what would your unique kickass name be?
5. What got you into blogging?
My friends nods. I kept wanting to talk about books, Peeta, Vampire Academy -- but no one in my circle had a clue about any of them. Blogging made me feel less insane.
6. Name a book that you would want to be made into a movie and the actors you'd like to play the lead characters.
Hmm... Heist Society. Although I might be getting my wish. Drew Barrymore signed on as Director in 2011. Let's hope the project flies through. My pick would be:
Kat (Camilla Belle) & Hale (Jeremy Sumpter)
7. Do you buy books from second hand bookstores?
Haven't in a while. But I did get an entire box of R.L Stine books once.
8. Do you let other people borrow your books?
Yes. Can't count how many times people borrowed Fifty Shades of Grey from me.
9. What is your favorite series and why?
Harry Potter. I love the way it's written. The plot kept building up until the very last book, and then she combined all of them with the horcruxes. So far, they are the only books I re-read.
10. What are your thoughts on Twilight?
BookCupid loves romance. So what if the finale wasn't super suspenseful. Meyer made thousands of people start reading paranormal. I praise her for that.
11. What's your favorite book of all time?
Little Women :)
11 Random Facts about me
1.Remember Home Alone 2. Well, sitting in the wrong airplane happened to me. I was 12, traveling alone with American Airlines Child service when the mistake occurred.
2. I can speak 4 languages.
3. Grew up with a single parent.
4. I adopted a teacher's cat in second grade and brought it home thinking no one would notice.
5. I'm afraid of taking baths. Only showers for me. Something about falling asleep and drowning scares the heck out of me.
6. Once signed up for Italian lessons because I crushed on an Italian dude. When I practiced what I'd learn on him, he said, "What, I don't actually speak Italian!"
7. I play piano and an acoustic guitar.
8. Like Blue in The Raven Boys, I can read cards.
9. I'm a fan of American Horror Story.
10. I love salsa (dancing not the dip). Although it you happen to have dip with you, I won't say no.
11. I'm a film grad, my favorite movie is Sunset Boulevard.
11 Questions for my nominees
- Why did you start a blog?
- If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?
- What is the one thing you don't forgive a character of doing?
- Do you prefer insta-love stories, or a chaste kiss 300 pages later?
- What book would you agree to live in for a month and why?
- Name a series you read in its entirety?
- If you could co-write a book with a famous author who would you pick?
- Would you rather your favorite book became a movie or a television series?
- Where do you get most of your books?
- Have you ever listened to an audio book?
- What is the most important thing you've learned from blogging?
My 11 nominees
Stephanie The Readingista
Jaclyn JC's Book Haven
Faye The Social Potato
Nuzaifa Say it with books
Ms. Doran Broad-Minded Books
Nikki J. Oh My Shelves
Delaney The Random Ranterer
Barbara BookShelves of Dreams
Jess Jessy's Bookends
Samantha The Secret Life of a Bookworm
What is the Liebster Blog Award?
You may opt not to do the same but if you happen to pay it forward , good for you! Making blogger friends is fun!
The real "gist" of the Liebster Award is that there is no real award. There are no judges, no special rules. No website with an official team to congratulate you and hold your hand. It's mostly what you want it to be. If you receive the award, you can 1) accept it and 2) pass it along. It's that easy.