Sunday, September 1, 2013

Review: The Boyfriend List


Panic attacks are a clear sign that someone needs help. But when Ruby's parents send her to a therapist -- post her boyfriend breakup -- she doesn't know where to start. And so a list is made. It names every boy that affected Ruby's life and is somehow responsible for this entire ordeal. 

The story is female-focused and humorous, while keeping the seriousness of growing up from playing video games with boys to having them feel you up. Ruby is a very realistic character. She doesn't spend her days trying to climb the popularity ladder, she just wants to be loved by her friends, but must learn to assert herself first. This book is a fair example of why some relationships are meant to end, even if we are not ready to say goodbye.  



2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a lot of books I love; How Not to Be Popular is very similar. They both feature funny MC's that have something serious going on in their life. I can relate to having friendships that I was hesitant to end but really it was better for the both of us to end it. Some people are not good for you... Interesting book. I'll have to keep my eye out for it (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's sad when you realize people aren't there for you as you are for them. Not everyone clicks that way, I guess.

      Delete