Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Review: Anastasia's Secret




On July 1918, the Romanov family was executed, but Anastasia's remains were only found in 2007. For years her popularity grew, as people wondered if she escaped from a terrible death. And of course, Susanne Dunlap focused the climax of Anastasia's Secret on that.


Anastasia, Mashka, Tatiana. Pic taken from Alexanderpalace.org
If like me, you read Historical Fiction only for the history lesson, you will not be disappointed. The author really stuck with the original story of their captivity. Since Anastasia had no influence with the political aspect, she gives us in details what it was like for her and her siblings to be stuck in a house not knowing what is going on.


Rasputin is mentioned a couple of times, and of course, her brother's illness. But it's the love story that holds this book together and that provides us with a surprising twist.


6 comments:

  1. Nice review! I like the idea of keeping the reader politically in dark just as Anastasia was. I'll have to check this out at my library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I agree, it wouldn't have made much sense for her to know everything, being the youngest of the four girls.

      Delete
  2. Great review! This seems like a really interesting book that I would love to read! Thank you for sharing. I'm also a new follower via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the review. Following you back :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks it sounds really interesting, and I haven't read anything about the Russian Tsar! I just added it to my pile, uh mountain on GR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi, I'm glad I took on a TBR challenge this year. My mountain was about to explode :p

      Delete