Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: Burn for Burn


Don't believe in an eye for an eye. Well, neither does Lilia, Kat or Mary. These girls believe in something darker. They believe if you wrong them, they deserve the eye and every organ accountable for. 

Burn for Burn started up slow. The story cut from one perspective to the other, and the secrets remained secrets for too long. However, once they are revealed, it's hard not to get hooked.

Lilia is the over analytic popular girl, Kat the sexual vixen, and Mary the girl who was bullied for her weight and now suffers from anorexia. Together, they start off with so-so revenge methods that quickly spiral out of control when they realize how good it feels to take karma into their own hands. Topics like suicide, drugs, dead beat dads, family issues, and friendship, appear in the story. But for me it was the infatuation between Alex and Lilia that kept me turning the pages. 

Part two is expected August 2013.

8 comments:

  1. I used to be really focused on revenge when I was younger but I agree-now I don't like the saying an eye for an eye. When I originally read this, I had no idea it was part of a series so I was really disappointed in the ending. I'm also not big on how there were supernatural things going on with that one girl.

    Alise @ Readers in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! The ending was abrupt. Mary's character was so messed up after the bullying incidents that part of me hopes she is supernatural and not just delusional :/

      Delete
  2. I really liked this book but I agree that the supernatural aspect was weird and out of place. I'm excited about the next one, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a few more days away. Hope that someone with an ARC posts a review sooner, lol.

      Delete
  3. I've yet to read this (or even hear of it) but I love revenge. (Seriously never get on my bad side, you might end up with a frog or snake in your bed. =D) so this is definitely something I might enjoy. And secrets are able to hook anyone into a book! Great review!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A snake! Nice ;) You could even get a box full of crickets and let them loose in someone's room (one must feed the snake, and sleep deprivation is a plus)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for following Heather Hearts Books! :) I'm following back!

    Heather
    www.heatherheartsbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Heather. Looking forward to chatting books :)

    ReplyDelete