Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Review: Scarlet


Marisa Meyer turns the spotlight on new characters in Scarlet, the second book of the Lunar Chronicles, which also happens to be the name of the female lead. Without a doubt, Scarlet proved to be loyal and hardworking. The basis of what makes a true heroine. So what went wrong?

Let's start with the recap. After months of reading the first book, I had forgotten all about Cinder. Meyer did give hints, here and there, but it took an extremely long time to puzzled it out due to the attention provided to Scarlet.  

Cinder just didn't do it for me this time. She spent most of her time travelling in a spaceship, reminiscing about Peony more than she did about Kai. Meanwhile Scarlet traveled by train. 

The male lead, Wolf, did have his moments. And I can see how many would find him swoon worthy.

I don't know exactly what Meyer is building up with all the new characters she brought to the story (yes, even after reading the whole book) but I feel like I owe it to the first book to find out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment