Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Praise the Author

 



AUTHORS WHO DESERVE MORE RECOGNITION




 1. Sara Varon 
Robot Dreams conveys so much emotion regardless that it has zero words. It teaches a lasting message about friendship and how some people are meant to come and go from our lives.









2. Sara Kocek
I was lucky to read an ARC of Promise me Something, meant to debut in September, and loved it. It's nice to see such talent from a new author.

3. Ashley Elston 
Another debut author deserving some praise. Her book The Rules for Disappearing is a thriller/love story that left me wanting more. Can't wait to see what she comes up with next.
4. Alexander Gordon Smith 
His Escape from Furnace series kept me up for several nights. It is downright scary, thrilling and worth every nightmare. I strongly recommend to horror/dystopia fans.
5. Gavin Extence
I'm not done reading The Universe Versus Alex Woods yet. But have been impressed with all the knowledge this book has filled my head with. Yup, I now know the difference between a meteor, meteoroid and meteorite.
 
6. Jill Baguchinsky
A modern Nancy Drew who can communicate with ghosts, except for her late mother. I loved how Spookygirl also tackled the issue of bullying. The more we talk about it the better.








7. Mélanie Watt
Although Mélanie gets a lot of attention with her Scaredy Squirrel series, Chester is always forgotten. A book in which the main character takes control over the author, is just plain funny and deserves a read.

28 comments:

  1. I have The Rules for Disappearing on my TBR pile, I'm hoping I can get to it soon!

    Great list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lockdown sounds fantastic! I love to be scared! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow. I definitely need to look into Alexander Gordon Smith. Those covers have caught my eye before but I've not heard a whole lt about the series. I am a big horror/dystopian fan, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually know a few of these. I have the books on my TBR pile, especially The Rules of Disappearing.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it. Can't wait to see your review.

      Delete
  5. Great top ten! the universe versus Alex woods sounds really interesting:) Thanks for stopping by.

    evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! These authors are new to me!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty much all of these are on my TBR :D

    The cover for Robot Dreams looks so awesome (and makes me think of Futurama)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of a few of these and am looking forward to reading their works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like some good ones. I haven't read any of them. I missed requesting Promise me Something on NetGalley, but I've really wanted to read that one.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome list! I've been wanting to read books by Alexander Gordon Smith for a while now so maybe I'll pick up some of his books soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to read The Rules for Disappearing. It just looks SO good!
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read any of these, but I will keep my eye out for them. I'm particularly intrigued by Promise Me Something now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of it, but SpookyGirl sounds seriously awesome! I've also got Rules For Disappearing on my TBR - I love the idea of a suspense story!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha Chester, I remember reading that!

    ReplyDelete